This is the easiest banana cake to make, just right for using up those very ripe bananas in the fruit bowl! It will make you go bananas. Sorry couldn’t help myself, i have a bad habit of using bad puns, you’ll soon get use to it. Any way I make this one in a loaf tin as you can cut slices up and add butter or chocolate, perfect for an easy breakfast or a mid day snack.
It doesn’t require any fancy ingredients just your basics, which makes this tasty cake even better. So all you need is…
- 125g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 190g self raising flour
- 60ml milk
Once you have all your ingredients lay them out and take a pretty picture. Just kidding, but it will look good in Instagram, and people will like it.
- Turn the oven on at 170 C / Fan 150 C / Gas 3. Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin. Melt your butter, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add the mashed bananas, mix well.
- Add the egg.
- Stir in the flour and the milk.
- Pour into the prepared tin, sprinkle with a tablespoon of demerara sugar to give a crunch topping if liked. I also added almonds on top just to make it look pretty.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool and enjoy!
Goes down nicely with a cup of tea, re runs of friends and a few candles lit. Everyone deserves a bit of cake in the afternoon, and i don’t feel bad eating this as it has bananas in it.Well thats what i tell myself. Hope you enjoy baking this easy little cake/loaf and let me know what you think. xx